Robots, and automation are in the news these days.
- Concern that super intelligent machines will far exceed human intelligence in a generation have focused attention on technological change in artificial intelligence, robotics and automation.
- The Lights In The Tunnel, made it clear we may be headed for a an event horizon as early as 2030 that would spell disaster for our economy and our society.
- The CBS program, 60 Minutes recently broadcast a segment on the rise of the machines, highlighting concern that automation, robotics and advances in technology was causing technological unemployment.
- A recent Oxford University study predicted that the US could lose 47% of jobs to robots, automation and computerization within 20 years.
- We have had a thing for robots for quite some time 🙂
Given the foregoing, we don’t have a lot of time to spare. Our world is going to radically change in less than a generation. We have a choice. We either make history, or we may be history. If we intend to make history, then we must get to work.
O brave new world… welcome to the 2016 Chronicles.